Designated time and place of flash protest for March 31:
Selected Jollibee Restaurants - 7:00 to 7:30 AM
Plan of action:
1) Wear BLACK, preferably the "Patalsikin Na! NOW NA!" T-shirts. (Visit www.BlackFridayProtest.blogspot.com to see where you can order them)
2) Assemble at any of the following Jollibee restaurants 7:00 to 7:30 AM
2.1) Makati - along Makati Avenue near Jupiter
2.2) Ortigas - St. Francis Square along Julio Vargas
2.3) Quezon City - along Katipunan Road
3) Order breakfast. Try to occupy tables near the window.
4) At 7:30 AM, when the cue is given, everyone in black should rise and step out of the restaurant single file doing the "Patalsikin" sign.
5) When outside the restaurant, everybody should pose beside the Jollibee mascot doing the "Patalsikin" sign. If possible, someone should take a picture.
6) On cue, disperse quietly.
1) Invite as many friends, or officemates, as you can.
2) Agree on which Jollibee branch and exact time to meet
3) If you're outside of Metro Manila, and there are enough of you to organize a protest action, just select a Jollibee restaurant where you can meet and have breakfast. Advise your local media to cover your action. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) This is a SILENT PROTEST, not a rally. Please do not shout, sing, pass leaflets, or do anything to disturb the regular customers of Jollibee.
2) Bring your cameras. The highlight of the protest action is the picture-taking with the Jollibee mascot while doing the "patalsikin" pose
Forward this message to as many friends, relatives, colleagues, and egroups. I've also included below a brief description of the Black Friday Protest Movement, so those receiving your forwarded mail and hearing this for the first time will understand what we're trying to accomplish.
Let's paint Jollibee Park BLACK on Friday.
BLACK FRIDAY - A NEW FORM OF PROTEST
The Black Friday Protest Movement was launched by eLagda on March 1 to give professionals, students, businessmen, and other sectors a venue to express their protest against the continuing and escalating acts of repression of the GMA administration as manifested in its series of proclamations – CPR, EO 464, and PP 1017 – all designed to curtail basic rights and oppress the people. Even after PP1017 has been lifted, the repressive measures continue.
Patterned after the flash mob concept, the Black Friday Protest calls on people to gather at a designated time and place every Friday wearing a black attire as a symbol of protest. There will be no programs or speeches. Instead, people will be given specific instructions on what to do, and the whole exercise should last about 30 minutes at most. It’s safe, non-confrontational, and within the bounds of the law, even under a repressive one like PP 1017. The mere “flash” gathering of the people is the expression of protest.
Where will people get instructions?
Details of the Black Friday Protest action for the week will be published at its blogsite – www.BlackFridayProtest.blogspot.com every Wednesday evening. Those who would like to receive instructions directly can also subscribe to the movement’s bulletin service by sending a blank email to BlackFridayProtestemail@example.com.