- Two Citizen Complainants to the Impeachment of Gloria Arroyo are being harassed: Gus Lagman, Black & White co-convenor and past president of Information Technology Foundation of the Philippines (ITFP), is being sued by Mega Pacific over those dastardly counting machines. Read here. Meanwhile, Josie Lichauco is being badgered by Philippine Agila Satellite Inc. over a complaint they lodged that was dismissed years ago. Ate Glue must be fuming over Josie's recent remarks about her. Que horror!
- The state of Gloria's health - Chiz Escudero wants to know, so do all the rest of us. Is Ate Glue over dramatizing her state of health by running to St. Luke's every time her tummy rumbles or her nose runs? Or is there something more to these emergencies than meets the eye? When most of us get the runs, we take our Immodium, call it a day. When most of us get the 'flu, we take our paracetamol, sleep it off at home. There's a text making the rounds that says she's afflicted with something more serious. Hmmm... The Palace has a fully equipped clinic. PGH is closer to Malacanang, it's a government hospital. Why doesn't she go there? Is it because she knows that it's not as well-equipped as private hospitals? Tsk, tsk, tsk. She should pay more attention to improving PGH than to printing millions of Philhealth cards with hard-earned OFW contributions to OWWA to bribe our urban poor.
- Check out Singaw's website (thanks, MLQ3), it's too funny! This page tells us all about who they are and what they're about. Take note, they scream "this nation will be great again"! Shudder. Shades of Marcosian wisdom. And they want to free us from "authocracy". What in heck's "authocracy"? Shudder again. Boyoboy, their copy writers must be working for our side. Come on, guys, 'fess up! First, they describe themselves as hordes of devils, now this.
- Hold on, here's one more! Click on this, scroll down to the question, "And who are these people who have put up so much cash for One Voice’s cause?". Read the answer. They still don't get it.
- Regarding Joc Joc Bolante - hearing ugly rumors that the rotund member (isn't he the Treasurer?) of Rotary Club International and erstwhile member of the present regime was detained due to a very large amount of money found on his person at LAX. Visitors to the US are not allowed to bring in more than US$10,000 in undeclared funds. That's either cash or any other financial instrument like bonds, treasury bills. Now, how much do you think he could've been caught with? If the rumor's true, that is.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Here are some stories, scuttlebutt, to mull over: