They must really think we’re all morons!
When they could no longer deny nor explain the money received by Among Ed Panlilio and Bulacan Gov. Mendoza, the League of Provinces of the Philippines (LPP) owned up to the money claiming that the disbursement to neophyte governors was part of their “capability building project”. And this came out on the very same day the LPP published full page ads in ALL major dailies declaring unequivocally that no cash exchanged hands during the meeting of Governors and Mayors in Malacanan.
There was one problem – that story could not explain the amounts received by Abante and one other Congressman.
So, the other day, they came out with a parallel storyline. This time, House Deputy Speaker “Girlie” Villarosa, speaking as Secretary of Kampi – the President’s very own political party, owned up to the cash given to Abante and the other Congressman. Of course, she had to qualify that the “President had no knowledge of this, and that Puno – as Party Chair, knew of the funds but not the details of its disbursement.” Puno, on his part, feigned being hurt for being put “out of the loop” of such an important transaction.
I was listening to Anthony Taberna interviewing Villarosa and I was both amused and appalled at her gall in peddling such incredulous lies. She was fumbling all over and could not even answer basic questions like who selects the recipients, who authorized disbursement, etc. They forgot to tell her it takes professionals like Bunye and Puno to lie with a straight face and without mumbling words.
The text-in reactions said it all. To Villarosa, one texter said, “More practice!” and to Puno, another texter said, “Fire your scriptwriter.” But the real clincher was Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Sergio Apostol’s reaction. He was visibly irked at the contradicting statements coming out of the Palace and its allies. His advice: “Just shut up!”
My own advice is for them to first agree on which lies they would like as to believe as true, before speaking up.
Tama na! Sobra na! Ginagago na talaga tayo!
If you feel this way, too – I invite you to do something about it:
1. Visit PinoyBigBriber and cast your vote to evict the lone housemate – Ate Glo.
2. If you’re from Metro Manila, join us tomorrow (Nov. 9) for our Black Friday protest action.
- Wear black
- Be at the Ninoy Aquino Statue on Ayala Avenue, Makati, by 11:30 AM
- We’ll give you a Pinoy Big Briber postcard you can personalize
- We’ll march towards the Makati Central Post Office at Buendia to buy stamps and mail the postcards
3. If you’re outside of the country or you can’t join us this Friday, you can do the following:
- Download and print the Pinoy Big Briber postcard or greeting card from the same website
- Snail mail it to: Ms Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Malacanang Palace, San Miguel, Manila, Philippines
- Before you mail, take a photo of yourself holding the postcard (don’t forget to wear black) and email photo to enteng@BlackNWhite-Movement.com so we can catalog all who participated in this International Day of Protest
4. Wherever you may be, just wear black going to your office or school. It’s the least we can do to show our disgust over the panggagagong ginagawa sa atin!
Sabi nga ni Abraham Lincoln:
“Kaya mong gaguhin ang ilang tao sa lahat ng pagkakataon,
Kaya among gaguhin ang lahat ng tao sa ilang pagkakataon,
Pero di mo kayang gaguhin ang lahat ng tao sa lahat ng pagkakataon.”
Please post to all e-groups you are subscribed to, and pass on to your friends and relatives. Together, we may yet rise from this morally bankrupt government.